Compensation For Forklift Injuries In California
Heavy equipment on construction sites poses daily hazards for construction workers, and many workers are injured or even killed in accidents involving such equipment. Forklifts are among the most common causes of construction accidents and can cause severe, life-changing injuries. At Martinez & Schill LLP, we have the skills and experience to effectively advocate for victims of forklift accidents on construction sites. Whether the accident is caused by user error, mechanical failure, defective design or any other factors, we will aggressively pursue compensation from all liable parties.
Liability In Forklift Accidents In California
There are many things that can contribute to a forklift accident, but one of the most common factors is improper use. Forklifts are designed to lift heavy loads, and when they are not properly maneuvered, they can tip over, drop their loads or cause other dangerous situations. Improper use can be precipitated by a number of factors, including:
- Lack of or incorrect training
- Overloading beyond weight limit
- Improper use of accessories and attachments
- Failure to follow protocols for turning, braking and backing up
If the forklift operator was not operating the forklift properly at the time of your accident, the operator and the company they work for may be liable for your injuries (provided that you do not share the same employer).
Other causes for forklift accidents include:
- Poor workplace design: If there are obstructions to the path of the forklift (such as narrow and/or cluttered aisles), poorly lit aisles or uneven flooring, these can be hazards.
- Mechanical problems: Malfunctioning brakes, steering and other parts of the forklift can cause accidents. Also, if the forklift is not properly designed, there could be balance, visibility and ease-of-use issues.
- Load issues: If a load is too heavy or not properly prepared before being loaded on the forklift, it can be dangerous.
Injuries sustained from a forklift accident by the operator or a pedestrian can be devastating. Our experienced San Diego forklift injury attorneys know how to build effective cases for compensation. They are skilled negotiators and litigators who are practiced in dealing with insurance companies.
Call Martinez & Schill LLP For Help
If you or a loved one has been injured in a forklift accident, contact us to schedule a free consultation. Our offices are located in San Diego and Riverside. For those who have sustained severe injuries and cannot travel, we will come to you. Call our San Diego office at 619-512-5995 or our Riverside office at 951-290-3367.