Slips, trips, and falls are something that people tend to accept as part of life; however, a slip and fall accident could cause serious, even fatal, injuries to the victim. Moreover, these “accidents” are often not truly accidents but are the result of negligence. When negligence causes, or contributes to, a slip and fall accident the victim may be entitled to compensation for the personal injuries suffered in the slip, trip, or fall. All too often a victim is unaware that compensation is available. Although a compensable slip and fall accident can happen anywhere, there are some common places where they occur, such as:
- Escalators and elevators – a victim may trip getting on or off if the escalator/elevator is malfunctioning.
- Walkways and curbs – chips or cracks in the concrete can cause a victim to stumble and fall.
- Stairs – loose or improperly installed handrails can cause a victim to fall.
- Parking lots and parking garages – inadequate maintenance and supervision can cause a parking lot or garage to be littered with debris, full of pot holes, or even covered in ice, causing a serious accident.
- Aisles in a supermarket or convenience store – merchandise in the aisles of grocery stores can cause a customer to trip. Boxes on high shelves can fall on a customer. Liquid spills left unattended can also cause a customer to slip.
- Public restrooms – a faucet left on or a toilet that has overflowed can pose a danger to anyone entering the restroom if not cleaned up in a timely manner.
- Public or private pools – water is everywhere at a pool. If not properly contained and controlled it can cause a serious risk of injury.
- Construction sites or anywhere construction is underway – anytime construction work is being carried out there is a danger of tripping over the debris or the tools.
Slip and Fall Accident in San Diego Legal Assistance and Guidance
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in San Diego you could be entitled to compensation for your injuries. In many cases, the negligence of the owner of the establishment or property where the accident occurred was a contributing factor in the accident, making the owner liable for any injuries resulting from that negligence. Contact an experienced San Diego slip and fall attorney to find out if you are entitled to compensation for your injuries.