Jennifer L. Martinez
As a founding partner of Martinez & Schill LLP, Jennifer heads the firm’s personal injury practice. Jennifer has extensive litigation experience handling wrongful death, severe personal injury actions including traumatic brain injury and paraplegic injuries, premises liability, automobile and motorcycle accidents, construction site injuries and general negligence cases. Jennifer has successfully recovered millions of dollars for her personal injury clients.
Jennifer has extensive experience previously working for an insurance defense firm, in which she successfully tried multiple cases to a jury. This unique experience provides her with an insider’s perspective in how to maximize potential recovery from an insurance carrier and how to efficiently and quickly provide excellent results for her clients. Jennifer has effectively handled hundreds of cases for her clients, including extensive experience in litigation including mediation, depositions, and courtroom appearances. Jennifer is also licensed to practice law in the state of Arizona.
Jennifer received her undergraduate education at the University of Washington in Seattle and received her Juris Doctorate degree from University Of San Diego School Of Law. During law school, Jennifer interned for the U.S. Attorney’s office and for the Honorable Thomas J. Whelan for the United States District Court, Southern District of California. Jennifer was also a Member and Editor for the San Diego Law Review.
Jennifer was born and raised in Seattle, Washington and presently resides in Rancho Penasquitos with her husband and two children. When not working, Jennifer enjoys skiing, golfing, and camping and remains a dedicated Seahawks fan.
Jennifer is a member of San Diego County Bar Association, Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Consumer Attorneys of California, and the San Diego Lawyers Club.
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Motor Vehicle Collisions
- Construction Site Injuries
- Bicycle Accidents
- University of San Diego, School of Law, San Diego, CA (2005), J.D.
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA (2002), Bachelor of Arts: Speech Communication
- California, 2006
Past Employment Positions:
- Skane Wilcox LLP, Associate, May 2010 to February 2014
- Jampol Zimet Skane & Wilcox, Associate, November 2006 to May 2010
- Golub & Morales LLP, Associate, January 2006 to November 2006
- United States District Court, Southern District of California, Hon. Thomas J. Whelan, Judical Extern, January 2004 to May 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- Lawyers Club, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association
Honors and Awards:
- San Diego Business Journal’s Best of the Bar, Years 2015-2019
- AV Peer-Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- San Diego Daily Transcript Top Attorney, Real Estate and Construction Litigation