San Diego Forklift Accident Attorneys
Compensation for Forklift Injuries in California
Heavy equipment on construction sites pose a daily hazard for construction workers, and many workers are injured or even killed in accidents involving heavy equipment. Forklifts are among the most common causes of construction accidents and can cause severe, life-changing injuries. At Martinez & Schill LLP, we have the skill and experience to effectively advocate for victims of forklift accidents. Whether the accident is caused by user error, mechanical failure, defective design, or any other factors, our San Diego forklift injury attorneys will aggressively pursue compensation from all liable parties.
Liability in Forklift Accidents in California
There are many things that can contribute to a forklift accident, but one of the most common factors is improper use. Forklifts are designed to lift heavy loads, and when they are not properly maneuvered they can tip over, drop their load, and cause other dangerous situations. Improper use can be precipitated by a number of factors including:
- Lack of training or incorrect training;
- Overloading beyond weight limit;
- Improper use of accessories and attachments; or
- Failure to follow protocols for turning, braking, and backing up.
If the forklift operator was not operating the forklift properly at the time of your accident, the operator and the company he/she works for may be liable for your injuries (provided you do not share the same employer).
Other causes for forklift accidents include:
- Workplace Design – If there are obstructions to the path of the forklift (such as narrow and/or cluttered aisles), poorly lit aisles, uneven flooring--these can be hazards.
- Mechanical Problems – Malfunctioning brakes, steering, and other parts of the forklift can cause an accident. Also, if the forklift is not properly designed there could be balance, visibility, and ease-of-use issues.
- Load Issues – If a load is too heavy or not properly prepared before being loaded on the forklift, it can be dangerous.
Injuries sustained from a forklift accident by the operator or a pedestrian can be devastating. Our experienced San Diego forklift injury attorneys know how to build an effective case for compensation. We are skilled negotiators and litigators practiced in dealing with insurance companies.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a forklift accident, contact us to schedule a free consultation. Our offices are located in San Diego and Riverside. For those who have sustained severe injuries and cannot travel, we will come to you.